Platinised anodes are manufactured with a titanium or niobium base structure, in the form of either expanded metal, sheet, rod, wire or tube. A thin plating of platinum or layer of platinum between 2 to 5 microns thick is maintained on these various shaped anodes made-ready for metal finishing at plating baths. These platinum plated anodes possess the electro chemical properties of platinum and behaves like platinum metal. Platinized plating anodes layer thickness ranges from minimum 1.5 µ and maximum 20 µ.
Platinised titanium (platinum plated or layered titanium) anodes are recommended for use in the following electrolytic processes
Precious metal electroplating - e.g. Au, Pt, Pd, Rh and Ru baths Non-ferrous metal electroplating - e.g. Ni, Cu, Sn, Zn and non-fluoride Cr baths.
Platinised niobium (platinum plated or layered Niobium-Nb) anodes are recommended for use in the following electrolytic processes
Chrome plating baths with F-content.
Cathodic Protection against seawater environment
Benefits of Platinised Anodes in electrolytic processes
Tiaano platinized titanium metal anodes are most suitable for wet electro deposition of precious metals like gold, platinum, palladium, chromium, nickel and copper etc. More over platinum is having very good physical and chemical properties such as
· Reduced plating times
· High corrosion resistance
· Good thermal conductivity
· Superior catalytic nature
· Reduces or eliminates secondary processes, such as grinding
· Anode geometry remains constant over time, allowing consistent optimised plating results
· Long operating life, very low maintenance
· Increased bath life
· Economical (low platinum requirements for layering / coating / plating)
· High dimensional stability and load resistance.
· Good current distribution.
· Light weight
Applications of Platinum Plated Titanium Anodes / Platinum Plated Niobium Anodes
· Chromium plating anode
· Hard chrome plating anodes
· Copper plating anodes
· Gold plating anodes
· Electrochlorination anode
· Electrowinning anode
· Cathodic protection anodes
· Rhodium plating anode
· Electrogalvanizing anode
· Heavy metal recovery anode